For those of you traveling outside of the Bay Area, these are the closest airports to fly into:
Santa Rosa Airport (STS) – Santa Rosa is a one-hour drive from Timber Cove Resort. This is the closest airport to the venue, but may be a bit more expensive given that it’s a smaller airport. All major airlines fly to STS and if you book early, flights on United and Alaska are $300 roundtrip.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) – SFO is a two-hour drive to Timber Cove, but will have the most flight options (Note: SFO is a United hub). For those that haven’t been to San Francisco before, this might be a fun option to add on an extra day before/after to explore the city. September in SF is the best month out of the year, weather-wise.
Oakland International Airport (OAK) – Also a two-hour drive to Timber Cove, but it’s a Southwest Airlines hub so there are lots of flight options.
Sacramento International Airport (SMF) – The furthest away of the airports, a three-hour drive to Timber Cove, but still an option.
Whether you’re driving from San Diego, Los Angeles, Mammoth or one of the airports it’s going to be a stunning route. Here’s what you can expect, and some places to stop along the way:
- Beaches and Parks:
- Sonoma Coast State Park: A quick turnoff from Highway 1, you’ll see Goat Rock, but if you keep going past Blind Beach and pull into the first turnout on your left, you’ll see the arch view in the rock in the ocean. If you keep going down the road all the way to the end of the beach, that’s where elephant seals frequent.
- Jenner Headlands Preserve: Beautiful hiking options for those that need to stretch their legs.
- Other beaches you’ll drive by: Shell Beach, Duncan Cove, Portugese Beach, North Salmon Creek. We haven’t stopped at all of these, but just driving by there are countless ones to enjoy.
- Restaurant Options:
- River’s End in Jenner for lunch (last restaurant before you leave Jenner). It’s a cute, rustic spot with a great outdoor patio that overlooks the coast and elephant seals.
- Cafe Aquatica, nestled on the Russian River, looks great for
Having custom writing and copywriting businesses in your company really can allow you to take your business. Why? But when writing for somebody, you have a lot better idea about what will be written and how it is going to be presented. This means that you will know how much you are going to charge per word and per sentence. Your customer can tell you just what they need, and you will not need to writing services spend an arm and a leg trying to decipher the language that they are talking with you.lunch, oysters, wine tasting and live music. It’s the first cafe you’ll see on your way into Jenner.
- Bodega Bay Oyster Company is right off Highway 1, a small grab-and-go joint, but the oysters are great and you can either eat fresh there or grab some to go.
- Wine Tasting
- Bodega Bay SCV Tasting Room has an awesome market for wine and snacks. Might we suggest stopping here to stock up on some goodies for your room for later? 🙂
*One thing to note: if you get motion sickness, we’d suggest taking a dramamine as the road on Highway 1 can get quite winding.
Things to do around Timber Cove Resort:
Timber Cove offers daily activities from yoga, nature walks, property hikes and local beach access, and will happily organize off-site excursions as well, such as boating/kayaking, horseback riding, golfing and wine tasting. The closest wineries include Flowers Vineyard (15 minutes south, 2-week advanced notice required), Fort Ross (15 minutes south, no reservations needed), Annapolis Winery (45 minutes northeast, no resos), Sonoma Coast Vineyards (50 minutes, no resos).
Here is a list of all local activities.
If you need any other recommendations, just call/text/email Deena or Michael. We’d be happy to help!